Patients with severe periodontal disease may feel that traditional surgery, with its many disadvantages, is their only option for gum disease treatment. At one time, this was the case, but laser gum surgery offers an innovative solution for patients who would rather not undergo surgery. Laser gum surgery utilizes the Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) protocol. LANAP ® laser gum surgery has numerous advantages over traditional surgery.
Advantages of Laser Gum Surgery in Vail, CO:
- Laser gum surgery does not require scalpels or stitches for gum disease treatment, rendering faster healing times.
- The laser used in this gum disease treatment sterilizes the gum pockets at the site where work is performed, lessening the likelihood of spreading bacterial infection.
- LANAP® protocol has been proven to regenerate bone. No traditional gum disease treatment can make that claim.
- Laser gum surgery has minimal bleeding because the laser is used to stimulate the root, bone, and gum tissue, facilitating clotting.
- Laser gum surgery preserves your gum tissue, as there is no cutting or stitching involved. Traditional surgical gum disease treatment cuts into healthy tissue and can actually cause a recession.
- Most patients report little to no discomfort or downtime from this gum disease treatment. Most return to work the next day and are able to manage any discomfort with over-the-counter pain remedies. Post-surgery pain medications are not typically needed for laser gum surgery.
- Laser gum surgery does not interfere with any medications nor does it increase the risk of complications for patients with serious medical conditions. It is an innocuous gum disease treatment.
Laser gum surgery is a minimally invasive gum disease treatment. Patients enjoy long-term success with laser gum disease treatment. LANAP® is proven to encourage tissue regeneration and can reverse the effects of periodontal disease. If you are interested in gum disease treatment in Vail, CO, you can learn more about LANAP® and laser gum surgery by contacting our office.
Dr. Dorothy Distelhorst, located in Vail, CO, is a Dentist who services patients from Avon, CO, Minturn, CO, and Edwards, CO. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!